- Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures
Agendas and Binders:
- Agendas and blue take home folders are sent home every night and brought back every day (please empty blue folders every night)
- Agendas need a parent signature as sometimes I write important notes in their agendas
- This is also a way that I tell students have done their homework
- Feel free to jot down notes of your own as I check these every morning
- Spelling lists are in the front pocket of the blue take home folder so you have all the lists for that unit
- Contact me to set up a day to celebrate your child’s birthday
- We LOVE birthdays and have a fun song to sing to celebrate your student’s birthday
- Parents and family are welcome to celebrate with us
- In the cafeteria, usually around 3:25
- Follow directions the first time you are asked.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak or leave your seat.
- We are a TEAM. Treat your classmates, school, and adults with respect.
- Try your best and don’t make excuses.
- Listen when others are talking.
- LEARN and HAVE FUN!
- Students earn points throughout the week for positive behavior
- Students lose points throughout the week for undesired behavior
- We do bi-monthly “paydays” where we total up student points and turn it into money
- That money can be used to buy classroom rewards
- As a class, students are also earning points to work towards classroom goals
- Students are given an AR level and goal
- Each nine weeks we will change levels and goals
- Students are to be working towards making 100% of their goal with an 85% accuracy on tests
- Students are given 20 minutes of silent reading each day during class and are expected to be reading at home to make their goals
- Fridays are test days for reading (the weekly story – comprehension and vocabulary) and spelling
- Students who pass the Monday spelling pretest get a list of challenge words that they will test over on Friday. Challenge words are all extra credit!
- Monday: AR reading
- Tuesday: AR reading
- Wednesday: AR reading
- Thursday: Read weekly story and study vocabulary/spelling
- Friday: AR reading
- Weekend: BE A KID and PLAY!