Goddard School District Health Services
Parents may be contacted to come and pick up their child during the day if the student becomes ill.
Some of the criteria used to determine if the child should remain at home, or if parents will be contacted to come
and pick up the child from school are as follows:
1. A temperature of 99.6 degrees with symptoms such as headache, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, rashes.
2. A temperature of 100 degrees with no symptoms. The student should remain home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours without the aid of medication.
3. Pink eye - students with pink eye shall be excluded from school until 24 hours after treatment has started.
4. Head lice - if a child is found to have head lice, the parent will be called to come to the school and pick up the student. The student will not be allowed to ride the bus or return to the classroom until checked by the school nurse
and found to be free of lice.
5. All injuries which result in unusual swelling, discoloration, or pain.
6. Cuts which appear to require stitches.
7. Dental injuries.